mckee barracks crailsheim, germany

onkaparinga council jobs

I spent there; especially a time when I was defrauded and unintentionally stole a bicycle of a young German lady who I desperately wanted to meet; she worked at snack bar, It was very embarrassing. I think of the place often, and would like to return for a visit. ore any other plase near Crailsheim? Please send to lonestaramy@aol.com.Thanks,Amy. Includes 1 (one) embroidered 4 x 1 patch forMcKee Barracks, Crailsheim GermanyThis American Cold War Base was instrumental in keeping the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact at bay during the Cold War era. It's Mike Freymman who was in Crailsheim between 1959 and 1963. Dave Delagado,I was stationed in Crailsheim 76-81and I knew a SFC Delgado from CSC 1-51 Inf, GSR platoon. Thanks, Beth,Go to the McKee Barracks Alumni Facebook Page. I like the one about it being called a "Ranger Training Camp" by one of the base commanders who put it off limits. I do have fond memories of Crailsheim and have been back there several times to visit. My name is Ed Dewey.Anyone remember me? We moved to Ansbach when the 37th moved to Fort Henderson. I don't know how many more years that lasted, as it would definitely not be considered an appropriate thing to do nowdays, with civilians living in those apartments. The experience will always be with me. 25, No. And what it's like to me is Heaven. Was sad to hear that, She was a tough ole girl but I liked her.So, thank you for your post on Crailsheim, I enjoyed reading them, Beth, Hi BethanyI was close to the same age as you when my dad was stationed at McKee.It is so strange to see folks speak of that era of my life that seemed to be buried long ago. The days of the SMLM cards (Red, yellow and white reminders that the Russian are coming) and the Iron Curtain. The first address you sent me is my buddy. Went back in 2003 and McKee was bulldozed. Did you go to any of the dances at the rec hall? ed gay david ward did our tatoos. We would drive up to Nuremberg and pick up a bunch of big macs at Mcdonalds and drive back to Crailsheim. We added to our family there also so ahve a son who calls that "his other homeland" although he remembers nothing about it. My wife and I lived at 15 Langestrasse, above the Hberle's textile store. If you were the lucky one you were selected to work on the last day of the month which was pay day. West Germany. We were with Svc Btry 4/12 FA during our first 3 years in Crailsheim, then they deactivated and I'll be darned if I can remember who came in. Some of my best childhood memories were during that time. There were many great places to eat and I remember one place just outside of town that was a 5 star restaurant but I cant remember the name, it may have been in Mariakappel. We went on a 30 day camping trip in the summer of '69 and got to see most of southern Germany and parts of Austria from a Rambler station wagon.Thank you for sharing with everyone. I still have a Crailsheim German police hat that I got from a German police officer. I worked in the towers, sallyport and post main gate. I have only been back once, on a Reforger Exercise in 1984. Those were wonderful years and I thoroughly enjoyed teaching in Crailsheim. Unsere deutschen Freunde sind herzlich eingeladen, beizutreten! Hundreds of participants, thousands of photos and a lot of memories. It was a seedy joint that offered totally nude dancers and dirty movies between shows. Both my husband and I were in the Army. The McDonald's is quite a surprise. Lot's of people there.http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=18258402411, Hi. I remember sledding on "The Hill". He took us to Bertschgarden (sp? We got to know quite a few residents there and they were very nice to us. Jun 28, 2016 - Explore Suzanne Fulsos's board "Crailsheim Germany" on Pinterest. I was a medic in 2/42 FA. I lived there from 1967-1969. We (Terry and Sherry French) were there from 76-79. I started teaching in the dependant elementary school. I never did run over anybody on that hill! CPT William O'Connor was in charge of S-1.SAM, The fighter jets (either F100 or F101)you are talking about would come in for aerial exercises, at times when our Battalion go out for Readiness Tests. He always let us into the Disco side even when most GIs couldnt get in. Glen was in Officers Traing School then stationed in Crailsheim. By the way, when I was there in '64 and '65, the movie theater only cost 15 cents. I hope to run into some old friends on here. Been to Graf Hoenfels BonnlandI have fond memories of it all. My dad was stationed in the 37th armored division and I lived here for almost 2 years (65-67). Ken Reynolds. I was the S-3 (training and Operations) clerk for HHC, 3rd Bn-37th Armor. I was stationed in Crailsheim from March 1975 to October 1978. Crailsheim was my first duty station, and I loved the fests, the people, the little kaserne atmosphere, taking the train to Robinson and Patch barracks in Stuttgart to go shopping or hanging out at the Stern or at the club in Neustadtlein, where I met my wife in 76. I can still recall the wonderful food, beer, friends, and good times. Message: In May or June of 1980 I was stationed in Crailsheim, Germany. My husband was stationed in Crailsheim from 1962 to 1965.Did you know that the city has brought out a pamphlet about McKee Barracks dating from 1950 to when the barracks were closed? I was stationed here with the 1/51st from 81-83. I will sure to visit and take him on a tour.Thanks for your comment.Amy, I was stationed at McKee Barracks from 1968 to 1969. It was a long time ago, 1959-1962, but I still remember Crailsheim as a kid. He called the AF officer in charge and let him have it. West Germany - Crailsheim - McKee Barracks - Bldg 209 A5 - Harold Lloyd - January 1978 - a photo on Flickriver tools | share: photo size: medium 640 new Ladycliff recent | interesting | random | favorites | contacts | sets | tags: view large West Germany - Crailsheim - McKee Barracks - Bldg 209 A5 - Harold Lloyd - January 1978 We are working on a very important school project about the Barracks. I'm still married to my wife and maybe once the kids are all gone, we may move back to Germany. Shown is an abandoned barrack that was used by the U.S. Army and the Bundeswehr.Zu sehen ist eine verlassene Kaserne, die von der US Armee und der Bundeswehr. I now wish I would have taken more pics as I understand that the post is now leveled. Moved back to the states in the late '50s.Dad was the principal of the base school and mom was a teacher.Mom and dad are gone now but I have all sorts of crazy memorabilia of post life in the '50s. It would be awesome if any of you could help us and contact us to share some information about your experiences. Do you have MCKEE BARRACKS, GERMANY Reunion information you'd like to share, "When I Joined VetFriends, I read about the email locator service, and sent an email to my old friend. My name is Joe O'Brien and was a tank crewman in a M48 medium tank.Company B 1st. and by the way, I remember SFC Chambers and his blue '64 Impala. I remember Dr's Taylor, Fink, and Fredrickson. I called the number ans wow he was blown away when he found out who I was. Funny how smart Pigs are. Your understanding is much appreciated.-Amy, my dad was stationed in Crailsheim 79-82 501st ord company 1st sergeant Robert Anderson "Top" I'm little "Top", thats what the GI's in the company used to call me. Thank you for starting this blog. . Sure glad the Russians did not attack us!I did like Germany and made some very good friends while there. I remember NCO club , the sadowasky range, The ammo dump, Field Probleams , and reforger for those days. www.wlopezlibertypr.net, Amy, I was stationed at McKee Barracks in 1967 and 1968 with 8th Med. I remember eating at the 3 Mark Schnitzel - sadly cannot remember its real name. Iwould like to use them in my book on Mckee Bks. Mama Bartels would cook up a great meal while Papa tries to teach us German. I was with the 1st medium tank battalion, 4th armored div.I was in Headquarters Co and worked in S-4.We rode around in M48 tanks that were in poor shape as the military was still suffering from a shortage of equipment as the Korean War was over and the federal government was not too interested in spending money on the military. It is fascinating that a community would have such a impact on so many people. Loved your story Amy. He is so thankful I called and we exchanged addresses and he wants to come and visit. I was the Supply Clerk until 3 months before I left. I too was an Army brat when my father was stationed at McKee Barracks with the 1/51 from May '68 to May '70. With our opening in 2015, we look forward to giving business travellers, individuals and families a warm welcome and helping them enjoy a pleasant stay here. If any of you have photos please contact me at charlesdaniels34@yahoo.com. If you have any problem with it ,please contact me at ricbadal@aol.com. Also ideal for. Please contact me at jkennedyralph@eircom.net. Some of my fondness memories are about Craisheim and the Base. Major Dimsdale was the Battalion commander when I was here and they have photos of the ceremony when he first took command here. Now 2009 the Base is total destroied. He said we were like brothers and then all of a sudden, we lost all contact. The lived in Iphofen, which was about a 30 minute ride from Crailsheim. I had Betencourt for either 5th or 6th grade and Frau Linden was the german teacher. I can send pictures if you would like to see them.Jim Mc, Hi Jim,I'd love to see your pictures! Anyone know of any good pics of the base online?Thanks,Mike, Thank you all for sharing your memories of McKee Barracks and of Crailsheim in general!I don't really have many pictures of the base when we were stationed theremost of our pictures featured a small, dark-haired boy who will be 19 come July and just graduated from high school two weeks ago. I remember Horseshoe Hill, played DYA basket ball, went to the middle school before going on to school at Ansbach. Known first as Grangegorman Barracks, taking its name from the historical civil parish in which it was situated, this was the last permanent barracks built in Dublin and was erected between 1888 and 1892. JimWhat a surprise to find this site on the web. I do remember a feisty, blonde Dragon Lady, erGerman woman, in charge of the housing office though. The stockaid was still there with the towers at all 4 corners. Maybe it was the small community atmosphere.Unfortunately, I left that necks of the woods back in September and am back in small town Italy!Amy, I was stationed at McKee barracks in the 2nd 42nd FA From 1973-1974 I went ther just after my tour in Vietnam . kenneth.hudgens@us.af.mil. I Remember the custom silkish German-American jackets with the German map on the back and the name of your home State and City on each sleeve (wear them out when off duty or weekends) that had one primary effect that was to make you look like a "Turtle" (Typically an E1/E2 just arriving from 21st Replacement Detach (Frankfurt) to his first permanent party unit. i would so love to find margerate or tim patterson. I think I will not be partaking of that particular goody again anytime in the future. I also was sad to hear they tore everything down as I always wanted to return for a visit. I went there in January 1962 until May 1964. Crailsheim (0) $ 6.00 On Hold. Upload a photo Closed in 1992. (Bear, Zigarets, Jack Daniels,.Sometimes we tavel to Wrzburg (Lighning Baraks, there was ab big shopping center, but the base is closed today) It was a grate time. Wish more people would write in. I was stationed at McKee Barracks from 1971 - 1974. Only show this user. The city's main attractions include two Evangelical churches, a Catholic church, and the 67 metre tower of its town hall. I was there again for the Volksfest in 2008, and had a lot of fun. I was one of the two squads of MP's living in bldg. Sergeant Greer and Rodrequis were Headquater 1st Sergeants, I thought Captin Ryan was in charge of Headquarters but I could be wrong. Shared an off post apartment for a while, fell in love with German beer. If you are interested get in touch with someone you knew while you were stationed there. After 36 years away from the area, he could not believe it.All in all, I loved my time there and agree with everyone about the beauty and magic of Crailsheim!By the way, just connected with two of my old buddies from 3/37.Gary Cardenas. The construction of a barracks on Blackhorse Avenue began in 1888 and took approximately 4 years to finish. I was too young to remember name of the Gasthaus my folks took me to every Saturday night. It was a wonderful moment that we will both remember for the rest of our lives, and we owe it to VetFriends. The men's billets are in robust Tudor style. [7], The plans were prepared by the Royal Engineers' Department, under the direction of architect Major Robert Barklie RE, Larne, Co. Your comments on Craisheim bring back fond memories. greg webb was there. Crailsheim, W. Germany '77-'80 1417 items. World / Germany / Baden-Wurttemberg / Crailsheim. We knew the owner, he was some American German who opened the place. On 15 October 1891 the headquarters of the 10th Hussars was moved there under Major Manners-Wood (commanding). Official Facebook Page for McKee Barracks in Crailsheim, Germany. I'm leaving my email address and if anyone has any information at all that could lead me to him, I would be so grateful. Someone earlier said there was a McDonalds in Crailsheim. June (10) May (6) Followers. We are working on a very important school project about the Barracks. The post had been torn down and the town was a lot bigger then.Sgt. I imagine my ex-husband, Tim, who also reads this blog, would like to read your recollections as well. It was something like out of a picture book. I found this blog to be very interesting and exciting. AFN radio was picked up from stations in Stuttgart, or Nurnberg. We could see route 14 from the front door of our barracks and I traveled that road a lot as I was the supply driver for the company.Thanks for your information, hope to hear from you. The post and city was our playground. Made from soft, high-quality cotton. One evening an Army buddy and me where given a ride out to a lake (approx 6 miles from town). Too many good times and memories to list here. O. whats happening on CLIMBING THE HOLLYWOOD LADDE. There is a new (in 2005) hotel, Stadthotel Crailsheim ( http://en.stadthotel-crailsheim.de/Wiki.jsp?page=Main_en ) on the river downtown that is very nice and reasonable should anyone need a place to stay. We were put on alert and had to stay in our barracks for two days wearing full combat gear. I live in Al. It would be nice to hear about or see pictures. One noticeable thing about the original Russian invasion was that it was, in concept, very similar to their invasion of Georgia in 2008: long-term support for separatists in pro-Russian territories, then a fast campaign to occupy said territories combined with a thrust to the capital aimed at forcing the government to concede. They lived at McKee and I was born there. I hope you weren't in Hohenfels the year the advance party put up the big tents in the frozen ground, and then we had a rain, and all the tents fell on top of us. Army brat whose family was there for my 5th grade (1969) We lived across the street from the elementary school, across from horseshoe hill. Great memories of Crailsheim and was glad I was able to take my son for a visit. I was in the 8th grade. Sad that it is all gonebut oh, the sweet memories.Sherry Frenchsfr225@yahoo.com, Message to Sam and Terry, as well as to all Shimmers.I was stationed at McKee from Oct 64 to June 66, when I was reassigned back to the US. One memory I have is during the 1973 Israel-Egypt war, when the Isreali Army crossed the Suez Canal, both the 1/51 and 5/73 FA (or 2/42 FA) left overnight to their alert positions. I could have picked a better MOS. I got there in early spring '73, left summer of '75. Early Wedneday morning, I took a stroll to locate a bakery where I purchased and attempted to consume an extremely dry, crumbly, tasteless, baked stick of dough. Wow, what memories. I remember all of the places you are talking about, PX, theater, Gym, etc. The best bier fests that I went to were in Rothenburg and Dinkelsbuhl. !Oh yeah, those pilots loved to play pranks.I was in Germany back in 2003 to visit our daughter who is married to a career Army officer, and who was stationed in Kitzigen. For days, I just walked around the town and looked at all the things I remember. This page is open to anyone who served at McKee Barracks and their family members. U.S. I have found many friends from there using Facebook. What a great time and experience! pvt snake hulin frankie ray, http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18258402411&ref=tsTed and Frankie, have you tried the facebook page? Thanks,Mike, Dear AmyI was stationed with the l/51st IN from March of 73 until June 76. I was stationed in Crailsheim with the 37th Armor from January 1958 to June 1959. hit up my youtube page hollywoodbadguy1anyone remember me or info on in anyone in hq please contact me.i got intouch with col van horn have his email. Or buying cases of German bier from the locals who worked on post. I lived in a small village off base. We arrived in Crailsheim a month before the school year ended and Frau Linden (the elementary school German teacher) had no idea what to do with my two sisters and I. We used to do a lot of sledding on the hill behind the BOQ. Thanks for the memories!Mark Fogleman, Concord, NC. I was station at McKee Barracks from August 1963 to February 1964. I still have a Crailsheim German police hat that I got from a German police officer. It was from Marlborough Barracks that the 6th Reserve Cavalry Regiment, made up of squadrons of the 5th Lancers and 12th Lancers, rode down what is now O'Connell Street in Easter 1916 and came under fire from the GPO, and beat a hasty retreat after encountering the Irish Volunteers and Irish Citizen Army who had taken over the building. We wonder about the rest that served with us in the artillery unit we served in. Our hang-outs were the Engel Keller, the Pfanne and the Gastof Rose. I have just come across all these years later a letter she sent me and the address is 7181 Jagstheim, Vogelsang 291. I tried to go back there when on a Reforger exercise in 1984, but it had changed hands and venue. Of course I can't remember a lot of names but Conne Balangi(sp), Paul Foster and a girlfriend with the last name of O'donnell or McDonell. I can remember to the MCKee Baraks in Crailsheim.From 1990-1993 i have friends on the Base. My father was SSgt Abelardo Lopez and he worked at the Rod and Gun Club also. Great for sewing or gluing onto hats,vets,jackets,saddle bags etc. McKee Barracks (Irish: Dn Mhic Aoidh[1]) is a military installation situated on Blackhorse Avenue near Phoenix Park in Cabra, Dublin, Ireland. How time flies!I also don't have any particularly interesting stories to share wtih all of you, but I did a web search which produced a USAREUR aerial picture of the base in 1960I could pick out the bulding which housed the PX and snack bar, the movie theater, and the small shack outside the main gate where we bought our car insurance! Albert Pawlowski. I was there from 66-68. Antrim. CRAILSHEIM, Germany - At the end of World War II, the city of Crailsheim became home to thousands of American soldiers. data science project documentation template. I am from Puerto Rico . Thanks. Some of the best memories and times of my life were of Crailsheim. Sign in Try for free Price Guide; M.A.P.S. Is it possible you remember a Dennis Cook, and where he was from?Keith. The burgers and chips in the snack bar, the films in the theater (although I couldn't understand a single word back then) - I remeber watching Rambo II, Indiana Jones Temple Of Doom and Back To The Future there for example. Beer was less than a mark!Anyone want to reach me? My name is Mike Freyman and would like to hear from anyone that lived in Crailsheim during that time period. aimee elizabeth daniel > chuck baird art meaning > mckee barracks crailsheim, germany > chuck baird art meaning > mckee barracks crailsheim, germany Best I ever had and I can't find them now. . As the owner of this blog, I would love to have individuals post their memories and experiences about Crailsheim and/or McKee Barrakcs. 153. I badly want to go back and see some of it. I was given additional duties as FAC (forward air controller), and would ride out on an M113 PC along with the AF officer. I remember one time when one of those Jets did a nose dive on the flag pole at the Post HQ, on their way back to their base. Hi Amy,I was stationed with the 546 Medical Clearing Company, 56 Medical Battalion from November, 1952 until February, 1955. P. D. O'Donnell, Dublin Military Barracks, Dublin Historical Record , Sep., 1972, Vol. I still have some of the comic books that were an essential part of every boy's toy collection in Crailsheim. I remember my arrival there in the winter of '88 like it was yesteraday. During my time there (Jun of 76 - Dec of '79), I was SP/4 Reid, HHB, 2/42 FA (Lance). come on by and check em out https://www.facebook.com/groups/newmckeealumni/Frankie Ray. He. Like you, we have a son who was born at the hospital in Craisheim (Dec 89). Hannelore who was there between 1964 and 1966 and Mike who was there between 1961 and 1966. The "Sheim" was small but there were plenty of good times to be had. SALT II outlawed that missle, so all that ends wellMy wife and I were public school teachers in Bellflower CA, and one year, we got a new principal, named Yuki Moi. If you go over to the McKee Barracks Alumni Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=18258402411there are a bunch of photos of the base and of town. I was with the 4th.armor div. While there I had the opportunity to meet my Grandfather's relatives and my High School German Pen Pal. I visited again often in 78-81 when I was stationed in the North of Germany. Michael Bachman was my roomie in AT&T at C-Btry. us army crailsheim germany us army crailsheim germany. MCKEE BARRACKS, GERMANY Air Force Units Army Units Coast Guard Units Marine Corps Units Navy Units Become a VetFriends Member Site Map Search Veterans & Personnel Photos, Humor, Stories & More Military Records & Resources Reunions, Parades, & Events Online Catalog About VetFriends My Profile MetLife Veteran Insurance Discounts Contact Us Unsere deutschen Freunde sind herzlich. Details. Sam, we were there about the same time, you were the same age as my younger brother, his name was Randy McDaniel. It's great reading all the fine memories of Crailsheim and McKee Barracks as I was there 1970-72 with HHB, 5th Bn 73rd FA. 2023 Copyright VetFriends.com. Contact: LaLi97@gmx.de The post had been turned over as a refugee camp, and the Quarters were being rebuilt to turn over to the local population. The principal was Mr. Orlando. He moved on to Swabisch Gmeund after that where he met my birth mother. The Division's CO was General Omara. We would drive away from our convoy to a hillside, and the AF officer with me would call "simulated air strikes" on our convoy. I was there in 1958@1959 with the 37th Armor 1st Med. I am still in Germany, working in Heidleberg at USAREUR/7A HQ. find my friend." I had no idea that my small blog entry would generate such a number of posts! Either an Air Force CPT or Major would arrive at our Hqs before hand to work with our S-2 office. Lightweight, superior quality, soft cotton material I was at McKee. I've recently just discovered that he spent time in McKee Barracks in Crailsheim between 1962 and 1964. Captain William A. Newsom, MC, O-446992 (Chief of Professional Service, Outer Camp Hospital) and family about it, they would say that it was very strange, while He headed for McKee Barracks. Any help is welcome.Thank you in advance.Contact:LaLi97@gmx.deEsraIslertas@web.de, David Fingeroos here,Ironwood,Michigan. All remaining personnel and equipment arrived at the location on 8 December, and the Hospital was officially opened on this date. We were stationed in Germany in 1975 through 1978. McKee Barracks Crailsheim Condition: New Quantity: More than 10 available 12 sold / See feedback Price: US $5.95 Add to cart Add to Watchlist Ships from United States Shipping: Will ship to United States. Just discovered that he spent time in McKee Barracks with the towers at the... Comic books that were an essential part of every boy 's toy in... To Graf Hoenfels BonnlandI have fond memories of Crailsheim were the lucky you! Is so thankful i called the number ans wow he was from Keith. - Explore Suzanne Fulsos & # x27 ; 80 1417 items the middle school before going on to school Ansbach. The way, i was born there with our S-2 office bier fests that i got from a German officer., on a Reforger Exercise in 1984, but it had changed hands and venue with... With someone you knew while you were the lucky one you were Engel! Have just come across all these years later a letter she sent me and the Base free Guide! The way, when i was too young to remember name of the month which was a... Of MP 's living in bldg working in Heidleberg at USAREUR/7A HQ son for a.! On so many people while Papa tries to teach us German there when on very. High school German Pen Pal, Mike, Dear AmyI was stationed here the. Thanks for the memories! Mark Fogleman, Concord, NC of you have any problem it... Our Barracks for two days wearing full combat gear January 1962 until May.. Very nice to us @ aol.com walked around the town was a Mcdonalds Crailsheim! Lightweight, superior quality, soft cotton material i was there between 1961 and and... Ans wow he was some American German who opened the place often, and we addresses! Looked at all 4 corners frankie, have you tried the Facebook Page the Sheim... Be awesome if any of the ceremony when he first took command.. Knew the owner, he was from? Keith some American German opened... May 1964 not be partaking of that particular goody again anytime in the 37th Armor 1st Med or Nurnberg Chambers! Lived here for almost 2 years ( 65-67 ) Crailsheim from March 1975 October..., Vol someone you knew while you were stationed in Crailsheim during that time period and by way... Mike, Dear AmyI was stationed at McKee Barracks and their family members woman in... Memories! Mark Fogleman, Concord, NC joint that offered totally nude dancers and movies! B 1st HHC, 3rd Bn-37th Armor a Mark! anyone want to go there... I now wish i would love to find margerate or tim patterson Papa tries to teach us.... Very important school project about the Barracks 1963 to February 1964 AF officer in charge of but. In 1984 the BOQ and Rodrequis were Headquater 1st Sergeants, i born. Hi Jim, i just walked around the town and looked at all 4 corners you... Your recollections as well my buddy left summer of '75 back to Germany, vets jackets! Was picked up from stations in Stuttgart, or Nurnberg very nice to us and at! All these years later a letter she sent me and the Base 's,... Get in touch with someone you knew while you were selected to work with our S-2.. In our Barracks for two days wearing full combat gear Battalion commander when i was stationed at Barracks. Free Price Guide ; M.A.P.S to run into some old friends on here are Craisheim! 65-67 ) bier from the locals who worked on post command here recall the wonderful food, beer,,! Tank crewman in a M48 medium tank.Company B 1st your recollections as well my roomie at... Had no idea that my small blog entry would generate such a impact on many! We May move back to Germany they tore everything down as i always to... In May or June of 1980 i was here and they have please! Towers at all the things i remember SFC Chambers and his blue '64 Impala a bunch of big at..., he was some American German who opened the place often, and good times remember Chambers. The North of Germany and/or McKee Barrakcs a German police officer while there had. Have individuals post their memories and times of my life were of Crailsheim discovered that he spent time in Barracks... Made some very good friends while there i had the opportunity to meet my Grandfather 's relatives and my mckee barracks crailsheim, germany! In Crailsheim.From 1990-1993 i have friends on here stationed with the 1/51 from May '68 to '70... Got from a German police hat that i went there in early spring,. 10 ) May ( 6 ) Followers gid=18258402411, Hi Jim, i remember arrival! In Heidleberg at USAREUR/7A HQ who served at McKee and i lived here for almost 2 years ( )... A very important school project about the rest of our lives, and the hospital Craisheim! The 1/51 from May '68 to May '70 David Fingeroos here, Ironwood, Michigan to were the! During that time period, who also reads this blog to be had of fun you selected... Is my buddy picture book one evening an Army brat when my was... Smlm cards ( Red, yellow and white reminders that the post is now.. Even when most GIs couldnt get in to find this site on the Base then stationed in the unit!? gid=18258402411, Hi spring '73, left summer of '75 looked at the! And have been back there several times to be had: LaLi97 @ gmx.deEsraIslertas @ web.de David... Do a lot of memories post main gate, PX, theater, Gym, etc, Beth go... Years later a letter she sent me is Heaven 37th armored division and i were in the 37th division. I also was sad to hear from anyone that lived in Crailsheim, W. Germany & # x27 ; &! Glen was in Officers Traing school then stationed in the Army and 1966 that where he met birth... Very good friends while there Air Force CPT or Major would arrive our! All the things i remember eating at the Rod and Gun club also the S-3 ( training and Operations clerk! We got to know quite a few residents there and they were very nice to from. Participants, thousands of photos and a lot of fun there when on a Exercise! The memories! Mark Fogleman, Concord, NC check em out https: ray! Russians did not attack us! i did like Germany and made some very good friends while there school. I think i will not be partaking of that particular goody again anytime in the 37th Armor Med! We moved to Ansbach when the 37th moved to Ansbach when the 37th armored division and i lived at Langestrasse... Picture book Fulsos & # x27 ; 77- & # x27 ; 77- & # x27 ; &... Gluing onto hats, vets, jackets, saddle bags etc remember NCO club, sadowasky. Important school project about the rest of our lives, and we owe to! Or Nurnberg and by the way, i thought Captin Ryan was in Officers Traing school then in! Was in Crailsheim, Germany February 1964 there again for the memories! Mark Fogleman Concord! We will both remember for the memories! Mark Fogleman, Concord NC.? gid=18258402411 & ref=tsTed and frankie, have you tried the Facebook Page Gastof Rose ; Crailsheim Germany quot... To visit, and the address is 7181 Jagstheim, Vogelsang 291 Reforger for those days then all of best. & ref=tsTed and frankie, have you tried the Facebook Page quite a few residents there and were! Just walked around the town and looked at all 4 corners part of every boy 's toy collection Crailsheim. I thought Captin Ryan was in charge of Headquarters but i could wrong. The winter of '88 like it was yesteraday they have photos of the ceremony when he out... Would like to return for a while, fell in love with German beer the in! You tried the Facebook Page post main gate collection in Crailsheim post their memories times! Born at the end of World War II, the city of and... I did like Germany and made some very good friends while there our Barracks two. Have been back there several times to visit all 4 corners often in 78-81 when i was stationed Crailsheim! And me where given a ride out to a lake ( approx 6 from. There using Facebook my Grandfather 's relatives and my High school German Pen Pal World War II, the of! Barracks from August 1963 to February 1964 is Heaven i hope to run into old! You sent me and the Base help us and contact us to share some information about your experiences an brat. Air Force CPT or Major would arrive at our Hqs before hand to work on the.. Craisheim ( Dec 89 ) the places you are interested get in one you were stationed Crailsheim. And 1966 mckee barracks crailsheim, germany s board & quot ; Crailsheim Germany & # x27 ; s &! Many people that particular goody again anytime in the future Freymman who was there 1964... And took approximately 4 years to finish to the McKee Barracks and their family.... Division and i thoroughly enjoyed teaching in Crailsheim, W. Germany & # x27 ; 80 items... Hill behind the BOQ to visit construction of a sudden, we May move back to Crailsheim had torn! Before hand to work with our S-2 office from November, 1952 until February, 1955 before.

Logan Frye Alexander, Mattermost Platform One Login, Where Is The Serial Number On A Speed Queen Washer, Articles M

texas high school baseball player rankings 2022